If you have not read the last two blogs posted, please read them now before processing forward:
How to Build a Google Business Page: http://blog.promarketme.com/how-to-list-your-business-on-google-what-to-include/
What Pictures to Include on your Google Business Page: http://blog.promarketme.com/what-to-include-on-your-google-listing-page/
So now you have have your page up and running with pictures showcasing your business. What’s next?
- Write an Introduction about your company. Give potential customers a short but sweet write up about your business. Including aspects like your business name, top products, and free estimates will help give internet users an idea about your company. Keep your introduction between 5 & 10 sentences. Remember, you have a website you can direct the potential customer too!
- Post your hours of operations. The biggest complaint I hear from clients when I first meet them is that they tried contacting numerous companies, yet no one picked up the phone or returned calls. Its best if you can post your hours of operation clearly on the site and be sure there is a way for a potential customer to communicate with you during these times! You can customize your business hours however you choose. Just be sure to pick up your phone during your business hours!
- Insert Categories which you specialize in. In the first blog about listing your business on Google, you listed your major category of business. Now is the opportunity to list any other specialties you have. The more categories you can list, the better chances a customer will reach you!
- Finalize your other two major contact options. (Phone number & Website) Customers will either want to pick up the phone and call you -or- look at your website and learn more about your business. Make sure you list both your phone number and website address so a potential customer can easily find this information.
Now you have all of your major business components complete for your Google Business Listing! Remember that this is your initial bit of information you are uploading to Google. Be sure to keep your information up-to-date and fresh in all categories!
Yesterdays Blog was about how to set up your Google Business Page. If you did not read that Blog yet, CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://blog.promarketme.com/how-to-list-your-business-on-google-what-to-include/ before reading this blog.
Today’s blog will focus on what content you should START with in filling out your business page. I capitalized START because you should be consistently adding content to your Google Business Listing Page. This is just a good place to begin and will zero in on the types of pictures you need to include on your Business Listing Page.
- First you will need to create a good profile picture. This will show up in a highly visible spot on your Business Listing. Be sure to take a clear picture.
- Next, upload your logo. You want to showcase your logo on your business profile and begin creating your online brand recognition from Day 1.
- Load a background photo of your best work. A background photo will take up a good amount of space on your business listing. Showcase your work and make it stand out!
- Display Interior pictures of your establishment. Take a few pictures with customers at your place of business. (Be sure to get his/her permission) Create a visual for potential customers as to what they will experience in your establishment. Three pictures is a good number to start out with.
- Take three pictures of the exterior of your business. Take pictures from different angles of your place of business. Its also a good idea to take pictures during different times of day. Start with three pictures of your exterior.
- Show your customers a variety of service and product pictures. If you have products, upload pictures of them. If you perform services, be sure to take pictures of the different types of jobs you perform. You can start with 5 pictures in this category. As you continue to expand your clientele and scope of work, be sure to update your picture gallery.
- Finally, take pictures of your team. Together Everyone Achieves More, Team, the people that make your business run. Take casual pictures and create an atmosphere that potential customers can relate to. Three pictures would work well in this genre.
Now you are covered in the picture Category for your Google Business Listing! Be sure to check back tomorrow to learn more about what you need to add to your Google Business Listing Page!
Google is the #1 search engine! You need to have your business listed on Google. Here are some simple steps about how to list your business.
- First you will need a Google Account. If you have one already, you can skip this step. If you don’t, you need to create one. A Google account is Free to make.
- Next, go to Www.Google.Com/Business . Click on the “Get on Google” Button.
- You will see a search box in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Type your business name in. Your business should not show up, (unless someone else used your business name for a listing). Fill in your business information such as Name, Address, Phone Number, Type of Business, and specify whether or not you are service oriented or not. (If you do not operate out of a brick in mortar building, you can select this option and choose a service area you work in based on mileage)
- You will then confirm the information and select to mail out a postcard. The post card takes between 1 & 2 weeks to be delivered. Once you receive it, log back into your Google Account. Go to your business listing and type in the numerical code from the post card you received in the mail. (Please note you only have 30 days to type on the code. Don’t procrastinate)
That’s it! You created your business listing! Check back tomorrow for a blog describing what type of information you should include in your Google Listing. Thanks for reading.