In June of last year Florida Governor Rick Scott signed into law a bill that legalizes the use of low-potency marijuana for medical purposes. On Wednesday of this week the state will begin accepting applications from parties interested in being one of five legal regional growing operations in the state…. To Read the Full Article Click Here
Running a Small business can get stressful. You are spending money, time, and dealing with multiple personalities. Sometimes things don’t go exactly as planned. When these experiences occur, stress can compound and lead to negative actions such as excessive drinking, drugs, and just shutting down. Here are a few positive ways you can relieve your stress.
- Workout – The gym is a great way to keep your stress levels down. You can take that stress and turn it into burning calories, losing weight, building muscle, and feeling good!
- Meditation – Keeping your mind right when operating a business is key to long-term success. Not everything will always go perfect in your company and its important to find ways to separate yourself from your business. Meditation is a great way to calm yourself, totally relax, and center yourself. An excellent program is called The Silva Method which you can find more information out here: http://www.silvamethod.com/ .
- Take a bike ride – Whether its a motorcycle or bicycle, getting out and experiencing nature is a fantastic way to calm your nerves. You can be one with the road, (Or trails) and find the soothing effect help you deal with your stress level.
- Start a Garden – Research has shown that gardening is an excellent form of therapy and and has calming properties. It releases natural chemicals in your body that will keep your mind, body, and soul feeling right!
- Breathing – I know.. You are probably saying to yourself, of course I breathe, what is this idiot talking about? What I am suggesting is to breathe with a certain ratio. Its been documented that certain breathing patterns will bring more oxygen into your blood stream. Use a 2-1-4 ratio in your breathing pattern. Use a time frame which is comfortable for you. For example (10 seconds inhale – 5 seconds hold your breath – 20 seconds exhale). Do this 10 times 3 times per day and you will notice a huge difference!
Thanks for reading and keep your stress levels at a minimum!
So you’ve decided to open a business! That is fantastic. You can collect cash and collect credit card payments easily. But what about setting up a business bank account so customers can write checks to your business name? Today’s blog will focus on how to set-up a business bank account and what type of bank to use.
If you are starting your business, you will have to file a business name with the state. You can be a Coporation, LLC, and many other different entities. There are pros and cons to each type of a business entity you set up so if you are unsure of how you want to register, you should speak to a tax accountant and/or business lawyer. Once you register with the state, (You can do so at Www.SunBiz.org in FL), You will have to wait 24-48 hours for your application to be approved!
Now that you have your business name, you can go to www.IRS.Gov and get your EIN number. Your EIN number is similar to your Social Security number. The only difference is that your EIN number represents your business and your social security number represents you personally.
Finally, its time to go find a bank! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND using a local bank as opposed to a big chain bank. Many of the big chain banks charge you to set up a business account and will penalize you each month if you do not maintain a certain balance in your account! A local bank will give you more personal attention and many of them offer FREE business accounts. Bring all of the information in the first two steps to the bank and meet with an account representative. Its a good idea to print it up directly from the site as opposed to writing it down freehand. The Bank should be able to have your account up and running fairly quick and even mail you your first checks FREE. (Another reason while its a good idea to use a Small local bank). I recently opened up a bank account at C1 Bank and have a positive experience every time I do a transaction. In Fact, C1 bank is currently running a promotion and will give you $25 to start an account and $5 per month for a year if you have one direct deposit going into your account per month! Plus, you can get a nice Starbucks coffee for FREE while you are in there too! Now that is some excellent incentive! If you are in Florida, I highly recommend checking out C1 Bank. If you re in a different area, Google small local banks in your area and find one which offers FREE business accounts and incentives that work for you! Thanks for reading
Looking to improve your Search Engine Optimization?
Here are a few tips how you can boost your website and blog ranking.
- Optimize your keyword. Make sure that your keyword is located in the Title of your page, First heading, Url, First sentence of a paragraph, and last sentence of a paragraph. Its also a good idea to bold, italic, and underline your keyword.
- Use cross-linking. Link your pages with internal HTML links from one section to another. Over time, you can even use this strategy to link back to past posts.
- Image tag your pictures. If you are placing a picture on your website, create a title and caption relevant to the material you are looking to market. Not only will this help your website, but it will also create a solid search database on Google in the images category.
Try these 3 simple steps to help improve your Search Engine Optimization.