Is college for everyone?
The American way, go through grammar school, graduate high school then proceed through college and obtain a good career that has awesome benefits as well as a retirement plan. But is this truly the correct way to fulfill your childhood desires of wealth and happiness? Perhaps you’ve grown up influenced by a particular career path such as a teacher, law enforcement or within the healthcare industry. If so, the decision to pursue college should come without a doubt. On the other hand, I personally did not gain an interest in many subjects throughout grade school. Having a disinterest during classes clouded my vision of education which caused me to skip college for a few years and jump right into the workforce. My full time job as a factory worker got old very quickly, but, something positive came to me during this span of time. I had an idea for a website which I was determined to complete. While I was being self-taught in the field of website programming I came to the conclusion I wanted to pursue college for this subject. It took 3 years of an intensive labor job to come to this conclusion but I finally discovered what I wanted to pursue.
College isn’t for everyone!
Mentioned earlier “The American way” is not for everyone there are plenty of successful people that have not received a college degree or even a high school diploma. So you might be asking your self is college for me? One thing that is necessary if you are planning to go this route is Never Stop Learning. Take every day as a lesson whether it’s free material online, people skills, communication skills, or hands on skills, Never Stop Learning. Generations today have such an advantage, people can learn any subject they wish due to millions of free / paid sources found on the internet. There are plenty of free tutorials to gain knowledge in a vast array of subjects such as, automotive, construction, landscaping, programming, business, stocks and much more. Along with consistent learning below are a few steps to gain success without a college degree.
How to Skip the college degree and become successful:
- Think of every purchase as an investment: Don’t just throw money out the window, think before you buy. To do this, before a purchase think, how will this item make me more money? Perhaps you are in a clothes store and want to buy a nice attire, this attire might increase your presence as a business partner or escalate your moral / mood. Another example: you are purchasing a power washer to clean your patio after this purchase it is possible to a provide power washing services to others. Always think as an investor.
- Be social: majority of business requires a sum of money from an individual, how are you going to meet people to pay you? Being socially active is important to express your services to people that maybe interested in what you have to offer.
- Always try to do better: This sounds obvious but is lacking in a high majority of people. Many people become comfortable they are happy with their job or how things are going. Having this mind set will delay the model of climbing the ladder because comfort can prevent improvement.
Running a small business can be challenging at times. If you are just starting out and the sole member of your company, you are responsible for every aspect of the business! There are only 24 hours in a day and it can go super quick when you wear numerous feathers in your business cap. Here are a few tips on how to manage your time:
- Write a to do list – Very simple addition to your daily routine yet many business owners fail to do this. Writing down your specific tasks and objectives for the day, week, month and even year will help you focus on the important aspects of your business. Once a task is complete, cross it off and move onto the next one. Not only is this an excellent strategy for your one man start up business, but this is an excellent habit to practice as this will come in handy when you hire employees. Your employees are not mind readers and will need guidance each and every day. By starting this routine during the early years, you will build a solid foundation for the future!
- Always carry a device which connects to the internet – Its 2015… Almost everyone is now on the internet. So how does your business stack up on the World Wide Web? I often hear from business owners that they just don’t have the time to promote their company. The best solution is to always carry a device with you which connects to the internet so that you can take advantage of any opportunity where you have free time! You may have a Drs appointment, waiting inline at the DMV, at the auto repair shop, or posting up at the airport. Take the time to pull out your cell phone, tablet, or laptop! Even its for only 15 to 20 minutes, that is more than enough time to make an impact in your overall internet business appeal. You can Write a blog, post a picture, or even create a custom advertisement in that specific time frame.
- Network – Last but not least, learn to network and partner up in the right places. Specifically, early in the business game, many owners try to do to much taking away the main focus of the business. This leads to business owners majoring in minor things and ultimately, wasting time. There are a lot of amazing small companies which offers services which can help your company. They can get the job done in the fraction of the time as you would and allow you the ability to zero in on the main aspects of your business! Cost can be a factor in adapting this type of strategy; however, you can set a budget for certain areas of your company to seek help with while using your extra time to generate more income and profit for your business.
These are 3 simple tips you can use to help your business run better! Thanks for reading.
So you are looking to start a business. You don’t have a lot of money to lease out a store front and you don’t want to use your personal residence for privacy purposes. What can you do?
The best affordable option is to obtain a suite box. A suite box is a LEGAL business address which you can use for your small business! You may have a local post office or UPS store in your neighborhood that you can rent a suite box from. Prices vary depending on your geographic area. You can expect to pay between $5 to $20 per month depending on your exact location! Many locations will have better prices if you commit to a longer term, (such as a year).
Its important that you get a suite box and not a PO box. While you may have never known there is a difference between the two, there actually is. A suite box has a person at the physical address during normal business hours. A PO box does not have a person at the physical address during normal business hours. This is the difference between a Legal and Illegal business address. If you are not 100% sure, you can ask at the location where you are planning on renting a box what the classification is.
Quick and easy way to obtain a LEGAL address for your business!
So you want to start a business for minimal cost and generate cash with flexible hours? Why not open a hot dog cart business?
America and hot dogs go hand and hand. Many people don’t want to prepare and cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So instead, they will buy something already prepared. Here is a step by step guide on how to open your hot dog cart business.
- Find your cart – You can buy carts brand new or used. A brand new hot dog cart will start around $2,500 while I have seen quality used carts for as little as $500! (used cart pictured above) Depending on your personal preference, you can choose appropriately. One thing to keep in mind is to make sure that your cart will pass inspection! Each state has their own regulation as to whats required on your cart. For example, Florida Requires you to have hot water, a waste compartment for waste water, a fire extinguisher, and a 3 compartment sink.
- Purchase your cart and submit plans – Now that you have purchased your hot dog cart, you will need to submit plans to the state. In Fl, you need to submit some drawings of your hot dog cart to assure everything falls within the specifications of the state. Once you have approval, you are ready for the next step.
- Select a commissary – This is where you will do all of your preparation and throw out all of your waste. This usually will need to be classified as a commercial location where the business has a commercial kitchen. If you know someone who owns a restaurant, you can work a deal with them. If not, local churches usually only use the kitchen one time a week. You can offer a trade for use of the kitchen for FREE hot dogs for the Sunday School once a month. That is a win win situation.
- Next, you will need to find a business location. Somewhere with a lot of foot traffic is ideal. If you wish to run your cart off government you will need to get written permission from your local govt office. If you wish to operate off private property, you need to get permission from the owner. You can either offer a flat rate fee or a % commission off your sales.
- Finally, You will need to purchase your licenses, permit, & supplies. In most areas, all you will need is a simple peddlers license. You may also need to purchase an occupational license from your county tax collector. In some locations, you may need a permit to operate a cart. You will want to buy in bulk and buy quality hot dogs, drinks, chips, condiments, and toppings. A place like Costco will work to start
And there you have it! You are ready to rock and roll in the Hot Dog Cart Industry! If you need any help setting up your hot dog cart business, leave a message in the comments below. Thanks for reading.
In June of last year Florida Governor Rick Scott signed into law a bill that legalizes the use of low-potency marijuana for medical purposes. On Wednesday of this week the state will begin accepting applications from parties interested in being one of five legal regional growing operations in the state…. To Read the Full Article Click Here