Running a small business can be challenging at times. If you are just starting out and the sole member of your company, you are responsible for every aspect of the business! There are only 24 hours in a day and it can go super quick when you wear numerous feathers in your business cap. Here are a few tips on how to manage your time:
- Write a to do list – Very simple addition to your daily routine yet many business owners fail to do this. Writing down your specific tasks and objectives for the day, week, month and even year will help you focus on the important aspects of your business. Once a task is complete, cross it off and move onto the next one. Not only is this an excellent strategy for your one man start up business, but this is an excellent habit to practice as this will come in handy when you hire employees. Your employees are not mind readers and will need guidance each and every day. By starting this routine during the early years, you will build a solid foundation for the future!
- Always carry a device which connects to the internet – Its 2015… Almost everyone is now on the internet. So how does your business stack up on the World Wide Web? I often hear from business owners that they just don’t have the time to promote their company. The best solution is to always carry a device with you which connects to the internet so that you can take advantage of any opportunity where you have free time! You may have a Drs appointment, waiting inline at the DMV, at the auto repair shop, or posting up at the airport. Take the time to pull out your cell phone, tablet, or laptop! Even its for only 15 to 20 minutes, that is more than enough time to make an impact in your overall internet business appeal. You can Write a blog, post a picture, or even create a custom advertisement in that specific time frame.
- Network – Last but not least, learn to network and partner up in the right places. Specifically, early in the business game, many owners try to do to much taking away the main focus of the business. This leads to business owners majoring in minor things and ultimately, wasting time. There are a lot of amazing small companies which offers services which can help your company. They can get the job done in the fraction of the time as you would and allow you the ability to zero in on the main aspects of your business! Cost can be a factor in adapting this type of strategy; however, you can set a budget for certain areas of your company to seek help with while using your extra time to generate more income and profit for your business.
These are 3 simple tips you can use to help your business run better! Thanks for reading.
It sounds silly… “Do something you love.” But if you are gong to start a small business, YOU MUST MAKE IT SOMETHING YOU ENJOY! Successful entrepreneurs start and run businesses which they are passionate about. So lets focus on doing something you enjoy day in and day out!
If you are working a full-time and want to safely start a business minimizing your risk, here are a couple of ideas of how you can generate money early in the game and gain exposure through video mediums for FREE!
- Start a YouTube Channel – If you work and are starting a business in your spare time, documenting your journey on a YouTube channel is an excellent idea! You can use Youtube as a form of marketing showing your audience a personal side of your company while inspiring others to follow their dreams! Also, you can add Google ads within your videos to generate additional income! Once you have a certain amount of views on your channel, Google will actually PAY YOU to run sponsors on you ads.
- Periscope – This is fairly new technology. You can turn your Cell Phone into a live stream and document your journey into the entrepreneur world! This is becoming more popular as you do not have to waste time uploading videos as everything is instant! (Constant Contact) You can stream whenever you like and start a following online! Its amazing how this technology is taking off and exposing new opportunities for people and businesses alike.
Try these strategies, make some cash, & motivate!
Running a small business has its ups and down. Its important to keep yourself motivated and in a positive state of mind! Here are a few quotes that are sure to put some pep in your step and a smile on your face!
“If you don’t drive your business, you will be driven out of business.”
“Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.”
“The past does not equal the future.”
“The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, & exploits it as an opportunity.”
“You miss 100% of the shots that you don’t take.”
When you are building your business, its important to keep in contact with ALL of your customers. Here are some FREE ways to do so.
Direct Email – Email Blasts: This is an excellent way to keep in touch with your customers of the past and present. Customers can sign up on your website and choose to receive emails sent by your company. You can include information such as updates, specials, and company accomplishments. To learn more about email blasting, check out the past blog below:
Social Media – Keeping your customers in the loop on Social Media is a super way to showcase your business. Pages on sites like Facebook are FREE and you can track various information about traffic, likes, and suggestions on your page. Keep your posts fresh and unique so that your customers will want to follow you and see your posts. If you become too redundant, customers may not choose to receive your postings.
Phone Call – This is a strategy that works well in the service field. When you finish a job, document the finish date. A follow up call a week or two after the jobs completion will go a long way. Keep that information handy and make a six month call followed by a one year call. Showing that you are willing to take time for your business schedule to check up on work which you completed long in the past will show your customers that you care and are thinking about them. That one on one communication in the long-run will give you a positive reputation in the community as well as create more business for you!
These are 3 ways which you can stay in touch with your customers for FREE. Ideally, you can use all three of these techniques to stay connected to your customers in the long run! Remember, your business reputation will follow you for the life of your company! Stand out from the rest with strong ethics and values!