Running a small business can be challenging at times. If you are just starting out and the sole member of your company, you are responsible for every aspect of the business! There are only 24 hours in a day and it can go super quick when you wear numerous feathers in your business cap. Here are a few tips on how to manage your time:
- Write a to do list – Very simple addition to your daily routine yet many business owners fail to do this. Writing down your specific tasks and objectives for the day, week, month and even year will help you focus on the important aspects of your business. Once a task is complete, cross it off and move onto the next one. Not only is this an excellent strategy for your one man start up business, but this is an excellent habit to practice as this will come in handy when you hire employees. Your employees are not mind readers and will need guidance each and every day. By starting this routine during the early years, you will build a solid foundation for the future!
- Always carry a device which connects to the internet – Its 2015… Almost everyone is now on the internet. So how does your business stack up on the World Wide Web? I often hear from business owners that they just don’t have the time to promote their company. The best solution is to always carry a device with you which connects to the internet so that you can take advantage of any opportunity where you have free time! You may have a Drs appointment, waiting inline at the DMV, at the auto repair shop, or posting up at the airport. Take the time to pull out your cell phone, tablet, or laptop! Even its for only 15 to 20 minutes, that is more than enough time to make an impact in your overall internet business appeal. You can Write a blog, post a picture, or even create a custom advertisement in that specific time frame.
- Network – Last but not least, learn to network and partner up in the right places. Specifically, early in the business game, many owners try to do to much taking away the main focus of the business. This leads to business owners majoring in minor things and ultimately, wasting time. There are a lot of amazing small companies which offers services which can help your company. They can get the job done in the fraction of the time as you would and allow you the ability to zero in on the main aspects of your business! Cost can be a factor in adapting this type of strategy; however, you can set a budget for certain areas of your company to seek help with while using your extra time to generate more income and profit for your business.
These are 3 simple tips you can use to help your business run better! Thanks for reading.
When President Obama visited Nike World Headquarters in Oregon earlier this month, he was (of course) gifted with some very unique pairs of sneakers. To Read the Full Article Click Here
(Source NBC Sports)
Sunday is a day of rest and relaxation. Be sure to find ways to relieve stress. Running a small business can be intense. Its important that you find ways to separate your business life and personal life. Here are a few pointers.
Turn off your business phone – this can be a little tough to do. (especially when you first start your busness). But its important to have that separation of your business and personal self. Clearly have your hours of operation posted on your website and business storefront. You can always accept emails on Sundays and answer them first thing Monday morning. You need to take time for yourself, family, and friends.
Find an outlet or activity to take you away from your business week. This can range from golfing, bike riding, or any type of activity which you enjoy. You can even involve family and friends to enjoy your time away from the workplace.
Make time for your personal or religious beliefs. Without getting into too much about different denominations, beliefs, or preference, its important to engage in a community environment of like-minded people. Follow through and dive into giving, helping, and making the world a better place!
Happy Sunday and thanks for reading…
Simply stated, green up your business by following these simple words. Reuse, Reduce, & Recycle. But in what ways can you accomplish this? Here are a few pointers:
- Plastic is one of the human races inventions. Its cheap, easy to make, and long lasting. So long lasting that it takes over 1000 years to break down and decompose! Think of how many generations will go but until that gallon milk container you drank is no longer an environmental issue. If you have plastic products which can be used again, do so! I can’t even begin to tell you how many plumbing and sprinkler companies I see just cut and throw out left over materials on a job-site. If you don’t want to save the material for the next job, sell it to someone who will use it or give it away for FREE! It will prevent the landfills from filling up with long lasting material.
- Sometimes you can even re-purpose products. Just the other day, I ate the last pickle in the glass pickle jar. I finished a job repairing a lanai and had many left over bolts which I bought in bulk. I cleaned out the pickle jar, labeled it “Lanai Bolts,” and stored the combination away in my workshop. Now I have a nifty container to hold my supplies!
- The best tip I can give regarding recycling is separating your precious metals and scrapping them. And by precious metals, I don’t mean gold, silver, or platinum. (Though these metals can be recycled as well)… I am talking about aluminum, brass, copper, stainless steel, etc. All of these different types of metals offer a price/pound ranging on the overall market price for each individual product. Don’t keep multiple metals together and recycle them as such or you will be paid at a lower rate classified as “white goods.” You will be surprised how the little items you use and materials you pull out of jobs will add up to big bucks!
And if you can’t sell, give away, scrap, or re-purpose your material, recycle it through the county and green up your company! Customers like a company that is Eco-Friendly and it will make your business more profitable!
So your business is growing and you would like to hire a sales person or find a more economical/reliable car for yourself. What are the best options for vehicles? MPG, Miles Per Gallon, is pivotal is your new salesman will be adding miles up on whatever car you choose to buy or lease. Gas is an expense you certainly need to take into consideration. Here are the top fuel economy two seater car you can buy with the best Economical Energy mileage.
2015 smart fortwo electric drive convertible – A-1, 55 kw DCPM, Electric Vehicle -This is the best car if your basing your decision on a 2 seater & MPG. If your sales person needs to bring along a lot of samples, this car may not be the best choice as there is not a lot of extra room. However, if your sales person has minimal cargo to bring along, this car is ideal. The ALL Electric vehcile certainly will give your company the “Green Factor.” MSRP runs at $28,160 which isn’t too shabby considering the money you will save in the long run! You can see the MPG conversion of 1 Gallon of Gas to 33.7 Kw-hr